Monday 27 October 2014

Prawn and Bacon Salad with Macadamia Nuts


I think the title says it all.  I was walking along the break wall this morning and on the return journey thought about what to cook for dinner and also what to eat for lunch.


Our northern break wall is a refreshing walk, everyone says "Good Morning", it is superb. 
Locals and tourists alike delight in the morning walk and the pleasantries exchanged.



On my return walk and inspired by the beautiful lake I decided to buy fresh, local prawns for lunch.
The taste of locally caught lake prawns is insurmountable.  They are so sweet and crisp.



It is so simple, on a gorgeous sunny day to create a luscious, colourful salad for one, for lunch.

Prawn and Bacon Salad with Macadamia Nuts

100g fresh, locally caught prawns, peeled, deveined and washed
3 rashers bacon
4 large lettuce leaves
10 whole macadamia nuts
8 cherry tomatoes
Ranch dressing
salt, pepper

Fry the bacon in a little olive oil until crisp.  Cool, then slice finely.
Wash and chop the lettuce leaves, I used cos, iceberg and red coral lettuce.
Place the lettuce on a large plate, sprinkle with the shredded bacon and cherry tomatoes.
Top with the washed prawns and place the ranch dressing liberally over the top.
Add salt and pepper to taste, then top with the macadamia nuts.
Serve, with a glass of icy cold water.

Ideally, eat outside on a warm day. 







Bon appetito, Enjoy Merryn.




8 comments:

  1. I love macadamia nuts with just about anything - this prawn and bacon salad would be a hit at my place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have gorgeous Queensland macadamias Maureen, I would have them with anything too :D

      Delete
  2. I love all the ingredients so I would really love this salad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do miss Aussie prawns - a beautiful salad Merryn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local prawns are gorgeous Rachel, you will have to describe your New Zealand ones for me, thanks :D

      Delete
  4. Prawns and bacon pair so well together, don't they? This is a lovely salad -- so flavorful and satisfying. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John and I agree, bacon with everything possible and matched with prawns is dynamic :D

      Delete