Wednesday 28 May 2014

Beeswax Hand Cream - Home Made

Beeswax Hand Cream with Macadamia and Coconut Oils

One reason why I started a web blog, was to connect with like minded people
and share my joy of cooking/creating/gardening
and enjoy sharing these hobbies during quiet times.



It is wonderful to relax  during the day and browse my favourite blogs
reading about what other people have been cooking or creating.


I read many different hand creme, salve and lotion recipes
then adapted what I had in my kitchen to incorporate what I thought would create a good combination.


I thought it was cute to strain the beeswax from our last honey harvest
into heart shaped molds I have had forever.



Gather your oils, beeswax and Vitamin E oil and place into a small saucepan.
This is an old one I specifically keep for melting non food items.


Add your preferred essential oils as soon as you take the lotion off the heat.
Here is my delightfully creamy hand creme with a beautiful consistency.
When you rub some between your hands it at first feels a little greasy but is quickly absorbed
making your hands lovely, soft and moisturised.


Merryns's Beeswax Hand Creme 

½ cup macadamia oil 
½ cup olive oil 
½ cup coconut oil 
½ cup beeswax, grated 
5 vitamin E capsules, pierced with a pin and the oil squeezed out 
10 drops rose geranium essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil.


Place the macadamia oil, olive oil, coconut oil and grated beeswax in a small saucepan.
Place saucepan on top of boiling water in another, bigger saucepan until melted.
This only takes 3 - 4 minutes.   Then add essential oils.
Pour product into small containers and let cool.

Buon appetito, enjoy Merryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment